Homebrew Store Retail Associate
Part Time Weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun), 15-25 hours per week. Possibility of expansion of hours in the future.
The Homebrew Store Retail Associate will report to the Manager and Owners.
The Homebrew Store Retail Associate assists in day-to-day operations of the retail store. The successful Associate will prove excellent customer service in-person and over the phone. Attention to detail and the ability to make recommendations on process, equipment and ingredients is crucial. Opportunities to advance and work in other areas of the business will be available to successful Associates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer customer questions, provide feedback, and offer advice to customers about a variety of fermented beverage related topics
- Keep the store clean, stocked, and well-organized
- Per the established processes, weigh out, mill and package ingredients for customer recipes
- Assist with stocking and inventory control. Will need to be able to lift up to 75 lbs. safely
- Operate register/Point-of-Sale system for completing transactions
- Occasional assistance in brewing-related activities
- Additional duties as required that contribute to the success of the store and brewery
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Honest, ethical and dependable with a clean, professional appearance
- Knowledge in, and experience with a variety of home fermentation processes: beer (all-grain preferred), wine, cider, kombucha, etc., and the resulting beverages.
- Customer service experience (1 year)
- Ability to, over time, develop knowledge of all products carried in shop
Submit your resume and a brief statement about why you would be an excellent candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org .